The legal detail
Personal terms & fees
Non-personal terms & fees
- Non-personal terms (for accounts opened after 10 Dec 2019) (PDF, 110 KB)
- Non-personal terms (for accounts opened before 10 Dec 2019) (PDF, 110 KB)
- Business Banking, Corporate & Commercial and Local Real Estate Tariff (PDF, 56 KB)
- Institutional Banking Business account charges (PDF, 54 KB)
- Our privacy notice summary (PDF, 52 KB)
- eQ terms (PDF, 144 KB)
- High Value Payments Amounts and Notices (PDF, 47 KB)
Website terms & conditions
This website is owned and maintained by Isle of Man Bank. The use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions, which you should read carefully. By using this website you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, please do not use this website.
Use of website
1. Whilst we make every effort to ensure that the information, including information based on statutes or other legislative or regulatory instruments given in this website is up to date, it is not possible to guarantee that this is the case and so we shall not be liable for any loss resulting from reliance upon such information.
2. Levels and bases of tax referred to in this website are those applying under legislation in force at the time of writing the relevant article. These levels and bases may change, and the availability and value of any tax relief will depend on your individual circumstances. In providing this information we are not acting as tax advisers and we strongly recommend that you seek independent professional advice in appropriate circumstances. We shall not be liable for any loss resulting from reliance upon this information.
3. To the extent that statements contained in this website are based on information provided by third parties we shall not be liable for any loss resulting from reliance upon those statements.
4. Unless specifically stated otherwise, graphs and figures used are for illustrative and information purposes only and are not based on past or projected performance. They in no way represent projections of the anticipated or expected performance of relevant products.
5. This website is designed to be accessed through its principal home pages and such other pages as we may decide. If you access the site through individual pages directly, which are not designed for this purpose, you may not see important information that is relevant to information on this website. You will be referred on certain site pages to read "Legal Information". This will contain important details and relevant legal or regulatory information and should be read in conjunction with the relevant site pages.
6. The information provided on this website or in any communication containing a link to this site is for personal use and informational purposes only and is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction in any country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject any member of NatWest Group ("NatWest Group") to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. We strongly recommend that persons accessing this site inform themselves about such restrictions in order that they may observe and comply with them. Where any opinions are expressed on this website, they are provided for personal use and for informational purposes only.
Exclusion of liability
7. These 'Exclusion of Liability' provisions should be read carefully as they exclude or limit our legal liability in connection with your use of this website. Nothing in these terms and conditions and in particular within the 'Exclusion of Liability' clauses shall attempt to exclude liability that is not permissible under applicable law, including without limitation, for death or personal injury, or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
8. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit or restrict our duties and liabilities to you under applicable laws, regulations and any conduct of business rules which we are bound to comply with.
9. While we have taken all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the content of the website, we exclude any warranties, undertakings or representations (either express or implied) to the full extent permitted under applicable law, that the website or (including without limitation) all or any part of the content or materials, accuracy, availability or completeness of the content of the website or any part of the content or materials are appropriate or available for use in any jurisdiction where we provide our services. If you use this website from other jurisdictions, you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
10. We accept no liability (including without limitation) in contract, tort, negligence, statutory duty or otherwise (to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law) arising out of the use of or access to this website (which includes without limitation) any errors or omissions contained in this website or if the website is unavailable and we shall not be liable for any direct or indirect:
- economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, data, profits, contracts, use, opportunity, business or anticipated savings);
- loss of goodwill or reputation;
- special, incidental, consequential loss or damage
suffered or incurred arising out of or in connection with your use of this website and these terms and conditions.
11. Access to and use of this website is at the user's own risk and we do not warrant that the use of this website or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to any property, or otherwise minimise or eliminate the inherent risks of the internet including but not limited to loss of data, computer virus infection, spyware, malicious software, trojans and worms. Also, we accept no liability in respect of losses or damages arising out of changes made to the content of this website by unauthorised third parties.
12. To provide increased value to users of this website, we may provide links to other websites or resources (that are not part of NatWest Group) for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use that others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
13. The above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you to the extent that applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages.
15. All rights, save as expressly granted, are reserved. Reproduction in any form of any part of the contents of this website without our prior written consent is prohibited unless for personal use only.
16. This website contains trade marks belonging to Isle of Man Bank and other companies in NatWest Group. No rights are granted in respect of any of the trade marks, whether registered or unregistered. If you are in doubt as to whether an item is a trade mark of Isle of Man Bank or another member of NatWest Group, please contact us for clarification.
17. The contents of this website do not purport to provide any financial, investment or professional advice and nothing on the pages of this website shall be deemed to constitute the offer or provision of financial, investment or other professional advice in any way. In particular but without limitation, unless we expressly agree in writing, we do not hold ourselves as providing advice on the suitability of accounts, products or services for you. You should obtain advice from a qualified expert before making any investment decision.
Changes to this website
18. The contents of this website, including these terms and conditions of use, are subject to change by us without notification. Additionally Isle of Man Bank shall not be obliged to remove any outdated information from the website or to expressly mark it as being outdated.
19. Calls may be recorded.
20. In order to maintain the security of its systems, protect its staff and detect fraud and other crimes, Isle of Man Bank reserves the right to monitor all internet communications, including web and email traffic, into and out of its domain. Monitoring includes (without limitation) checks for viruses and other malignant code, criminal activity, and use or content that is unauthorised or unlawful or material that may cause offence in any way.
21. If you are not satisfied with any of our products or services, we have a complaints procedure that you can use. A leaflet, giving details of the procedure, is available from your branch upon request.
22. The terms and conditions of use of this website are governed by the law of Isle of Man and the Isle of Man courts have non-exclusive jurisdiction.
23. The Royal Bank of Scotland International Limited trading as Isle of Man Bank (Isle of Man Bank). Registered Office: Royal Bank House, 71 Bath Street, St Helier, Jersey, JE4 8PJ. Tel. 01534 282850. Regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission.
24. Isle of Man business address: 2 Athol Street, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM99 1AN. Tel. 01624 637000. Licensed by the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority in respect of Deposit Taking, Investment Business and registered as a General Insurance Intermediary.
25. Isle of Man Bank is a member of NatWest Group. The Royal Bank of Scotland plc - Registered in Scotland No 83026. Registered office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB. The Royal Bank of Scotland plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. The latest report and accounts are available at www.investors.rbs.com.
26. Internet emails are not necessarily secure as information might be intercepted, lost or destroyed. Please do not email any account or other confidential information.
27. Our services are not offered to any person in any jurisdiction where their advertisement, offer or sale is restricted or prohibited by law or regulation or where we are not appropriately licensed.
Products & services
Select the relevant option below to view the terms and conditions relation to our products and services.
Deposit products, savings accounts and current accounts
Isle of Man Bank places funds with other parts of NatWest Group and thus its financial standing is linked to the Group. Depositors may wish to form their own view on the financial standing of Isle of Man Bank and the Group based on publicly available information. The latest report and accounts are available at iombank.com/financial-results.
As at 31 December 2019, RBS International's paid-up capital and reserves exceeded £1,581.2 million. UK resident depositors may be subject to declaration and taxation of resulting income.
UK resident depositors may be subject to declaration and taxation of resulting income.
AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates the interest rates as if paid and compounded each year.
Fixed deposit accounts may not be suitable if you require easy access to your funds or an income.
At Isle of Man Bank we seek to understand all of our customers' financial needs and provide a full banking service.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
Over 18's only. Security required.
You should check that equity release and bullet repayment mortgages will meet your needs if you want to move or sell your home or you want your family to inherit it. If you are in any doubt, seek independent advice.
Changes in the exchange rate may increase the sterling equivilent of your debt.
Please note that for mortgages with interest payments based upon variable rate terms there is a risk that the total sum payable under your mortgage increases significantly as rates rise.
Mortgages are available for United Kingdom properties in limited circumstances only and are not covered by the majority of the rules and regulations made under the UK Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. This means that the protection of those rules and regulations and of the UK Financial Services Compensation Scheme will not be available to borrowers.
Please note that whilst the examples quoted on this site are fictitious, the figures quoted are based on facts and can be fully supported by reference to bank records and / or statistics. Where monthly repayments are reduced by amalgamating debts it may be that those debts are repaid over a longer period and the total amount of interest paid thereon is consequently greater.
For these mortgages this means that the protection of those rules and regulations and of the UK Financial Services Compensation Scheme will not be available to borrowers.
You will be made aware at the time of application whether these rules and regulations apply to your circumstances or not.
Mortgages are offered by The Royal Bank of Scotland International Limited trading as Isle of Man Bank (Isle of Man Bank). Mortgages on UK properties may not be available to residents of all countries. Fixed rate mortgages are subject to availability. The Bank reserves the right to withdraw the rates offered without notice.
Loans and overdrafts
Credit facilities: Over 18s only.
Security may be required.
For personal loans you'll be given a personalised rate depending on your circumstances and how much you want to borrow.
EAR stands for Effective Annual Rate and is the annual interest rate you would pay if you were continually overdrawn for the whole year.
Customers are advised that Isle of Man Bank is part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc ("NatWest Group"). NatWest Group companies in the UK and elsewhere provide support for our Online Banking service and can access your account data.
Depositor Compensation Scheme
Isle of Man Bank is a member of the Isle of Man Depositors’ Compensation Scheme (DCS) as set out in the Depositors’ Compensation Scheme Regulations 2010.
To understand your eligibility under the scheme you may wish to visit the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority website.