All things mobile banking
Mobile banking terms
Effective from 3rd June 2019.
For all the information about our mobile banking terms please read below.
1.1 These Terms apply to the Mobile banking service (Mobile banking) and form part of the agreement between you and us, The Royal Bank of Scotland International Limited trading as Isle of Man Bank (Isle of Man Bank). The terms that apply to the account(s) you access through Mobile banking (your Account Terms), also form part of our agreement. Your Account Terms include details of how payments are made and what happens if something goes wrong. For details on how we use your information, please see our Privacy Notice. It's important that you read this carefully together with these Terms.
If you ever need up-to-date copies of these Terms, please ask us and we'll give you a copy.
1.2 If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us on 0345 366 7003 or +44 2381 244181 from outside the UK. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and your Account Terms, these Terms will apply.
1.3 Our relations with you and these Terms will be governed by the laws of the jurisdiction in which the branch where your account(s) is located. The courts there will have non-exclusive jurisdiction in any disputes between us.
2.1 The Royal Bank of Scotland International Limited trading as Isle of Man Bank (Isle of Man Bank). Registered Office: Royal Bank House, 71 Bath Street, St. Helier, Jersey, JE4 8PJ. Tel. 01534 282850. Regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission. Isle of Man business address: 2 Athol Street, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM99 1AN. Tel. 01624 637000. Licensed by the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority in respect of Deposit Taking, Investment Business and registered as a General Insurance Intermediary.
2.2 Isle of Man Bank is a member of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group. The Royal Bank of Scotland plc - Registered in Scotland No 90312. Registered office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB. The Royal Bank of Scotland plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. The latest report and accounts are available at www.investors.rbs.com.
3.1 You can only use Mobile banking if
- You're 11 or over
- You're registered for online banking
- You have a valid mobile phone number
3.2 To use Mobile banking you need to download the Isle of Man Bank Mobile banking application (the App). You can find further details on how to register and full details of the range of services available to you at iombank.com/mobile. The services that are available to you may vary depending on the type of device you're using and the type of account you have.
3.3 You're responsible for ensuring that your device is capable of operating the App (which we'll update from time to time). We can't guarantee that we'll continue to support the operating system used by your device.
3.4 There may be times when the App is unavailable for you to use due to maintenance, repairs or upgrades to our systems or the systems of any party used to provide Mobile banking. We'll aim to notify you in advance of any maintenance work but may not always be able to do so. Please contact us if you're unable to use the App and we'll do our best to help.
4.1 You must take all reasonable steps to keep your security details safe (including any passwords or log-in details) and you must tell us as soon as possible if you think someone else might know your security details by calling 0345 366 7004 or +44 2381 244182 from outside the UK or by contacting your branch.
4.2 We'll never ask you to give your full security details to us or to any other person or organisation.
4.3 You must not leave the device you're using unattended while you're logged on to Mobile banking and you must make sure that any information stored or displayed on your device is kept secure.
4.4 If your device is lost or stolen you must contact us immediately by calling 0345 366 7003 or +44 2381 244181 from outside the UK or by contacting your branch.
4.5 You must delete the App from your device if you change your device or dispose of it.
Incorrect or unauthorised payments
5. If you suspect that an incorrect or unauthorised payment has been made from your account, please contact us immediately by calling 0345 366 7003 or +44 2381 244181 from outside the UK or contact your local branch. Please read your Account Terms for further information on incorrect and unauthorised payments.
Your contact details
6. If your contact details (including your mobile phone number or email address) change, you should tell us as soon as you can.
7. You're responsible for all instructions given through Mobile banking, by you or anyone acting with your authority.
8.1 Your Account Terms explain how payments into and out of your account work. The section below contains information on Paym, which is a payment service that is specific to Mobile banking and therefore isn't included in your Account Terms.
8.2 When you make a payment through Mobile banking we'll make the payment using the Faster Payments Service if possible. If we can't use the Faster Payments Service we'll advise you of alternative ways to make the payment.
Pay Your Contacts / Paym
8.3 Paym allows you to send money to a third party by using the payee's mobile phone number rather than their account number and sort code.
8.4 You can use this service to make payments to:
- anyone who has registered for Paym (which is a service offered by a number of banks and building societies to allow you to send and receive payments in this way);
8.5 To make a payment in this way, you need to give us:
- the mobile phone number of the payee (This is the information that we use to identify the payee); and
- the amount of the payment in Sterling.
You're responsible for ensuring that these details are correct.
8.6 When you confirm the payee's mobile phone number and the amount of the payment, this will be your payment instruction to us and the payment will be processed immediately.
8.7 If the payee is registered for Paym, we'll send the payment to the account they've registered for Paym.
8.8 Once you've asked us to make a payment you won't be able to cancel it. If you realise you've given us an incorrect mobile phone number or payment amount, you must inform us as soon as possible by contacting us on 0345 366 7003 or +44 2381 244181 from outside the UK. Where possible we'll try to recover the payment, but might not be able to do so. We'll not be liable to you if we're unable to stop a payment in these circumstances.
8.9 We'll notify you within the App if we're unable to make a payment.
8.10 There's a daily limit and an individual transaction limit on payments sent using PayM. Details of these limits can be found on our website at iombank.com/supportcentre in the 'Search our FAQs' section.
8.11 You can register for Paym in the App. You'll need to confirm your mobile number and select an eligible account to link to your mobile number.
9. We don't currently charge you for Mobile banking. However, your mobile phone network operator may charge you when using Mobile banking and these charges may vary if you use your mobile phone to access Mobile banking when abroad.
10. We won't be liable to refund you for any losses caused by circumstances beyond our control (i.e. the situation was abnormal or unforeseeable), for example, due to extreme weather, terrorist activity or industrial action.
Variation / termination
11.1 You're free to cancel Mobile banking at any time. If you'd like to do this, please call us on 0345 366 7003 or +44 2381 244181 from outside the UK or contact us on our webchat service and delete the App from your mobile device(s).
11.2 If you haven't used the App for 6 months your Mobile banking access will be deactivated automatically and you'll have to re-register in order to use Mobile banking again.
11.3 We may suspend, restrict or end your use of Mobile banking or any part of it where:
- we reasonably believe that your security details haven't been kept safe;
- we reasonably suspect that your security details have been used fraudulently or without your permission;
- as a result of a change in the way you use your account(s) or in your financial circumstances, we reasonably believe that you may have difficulty in meeting your commitments;
- we believe it's appropriate in order to protect your account(s);
- you've broken any of the Licence Terms set out below.
We'll tell you before taking any of these steps and we'll explain why we've done so, unless we're unable to contact you or there's a legal reason or other circumstance beyond our control that stops us from doing so. If we can't get hold of you beforehand, we'll (where possible) tell you and explain our reasons afterwards.
11.4 We can also end your use of Mobile banking or remove the App by giving you at least 60 days' notice.
11.5 If we have a valid reason for doing so, we may change the terms of our agreement with you (which may include introducing charges for Mobile banking or making changes to those charges) by giving you at least 60 days' notice before the change takes effect. We'll tell you about any changes by:
- notifying you within the App;
- sending a text message (to the mobile phone number you gave us);
- sending an email (to the email address you gave us);
- delivering a secure message to online banking; or
- sending you notice by post.
We'll assume that you've accepted the changes unless you uninstall the App or tell us that you'd like to cancel Mobile banking before the change takes effect.
12.1 When you download the App we automatically give you a non-transferable, non-exclusive right to use the App (the Licence) provided that you agree to the following:
- you can only use the App on a registered device belonging to you or under your control. You’ll need to register each additional or replacement device separately;
- you can only use the App for Mobile banking and for no other purpose;
- the right to use the App is given only to you and you must not give any rights of use or any other rights in respect of the App to any other person or organisation;
- you must not copy, reproduce, alter, modify or adapt the App or any part of it;
- you must not analyse or reverse engineer the App or any part of it;
- you must not remove or tamper with any copyright notice attached to or contained within the App and you agree that all ownership of the App, including all relevant intellectual property rights, remains with us;
- if your right to use Mobile banking is terminated all rights given to you in respect of the App will end immediately.
12.2 The Licence includes the right to use any future updates to the App that we make available to you.
12.3 We are solely responsible for the App and its content. If you have any questions, complaints or need support in relation to the App please contact us on 0345 366 7003 or +44 2381 244181 from outside the UK.
12.4 If any third party claims that the App infringes their intellectual property rights, we'll be solely responsible for dealing with the claim.
12.5 We’ll assume that you’ve accepted the terms of the Licence by installing the App on your device and the Licence will continue until you cancel Mobile banking and/or delete the App or if we end your use of Mobile banking under Term 11. If the Licence is terminated for any reason you must uninstall the App and destroy all copies of it.